I was one of the speaker for the one of the biggest conference in the region – Sinergija 15, held in Serbia, Belgrade from 21th till 23rd October 2015. This was great conference with long tradition and really great content. My presentation was at 22nd October with title:
Connected mobile experiences – Cloud integration for Universal Windows apps
Agenda for this presentation was:
- Connected mobile experiences
- Roaming data
- Roaming settings
- Roaming folder
- Credential locker
- Sharing state using One drive
- Creating an Azure App Service – Mobile app
- Offline sync
- Push notification
Some of the tips for Roaming data:
- Use roaming folder and roaming settings in the same way as local folder and settings.
- HighPriority setting is available on Windows Desktop for quick sync but has no effect on Windows Mobile.
- Good for app customization settings, most recent activity , partially completed work.
- Synchronization stops if roaming data is larger then 100KB.
- Bad for synchronizing large amount of data or instant syncing scenarios.
- Last writer wins.
- Data deleted from cloud if app not used for a period of time large than 30 days.
- You can use capacity for roaming data in KB with RoamingStorageQuota.
- Do not use Roaming data as a general purpose data syncing mechanism.
Azure App Service is one integrated offer:
- Web apps
- Mobile apps (know as Mobile Services in the past)
- LOGIC apps
- API apps
With Azure App Service you can:
- Create web and mobile experiences that share data access and business logic.
- Automate business processes with logic apps.
- Build custom APIs or consume connectors from Marketplace
- One common billing model for all of your App Services.
- Use common Gateway to authenticate.
In presentation I also presented how to create Azure Mobile App and how to use offline data sync and how to work with push notification.